📋 فهرست مجله Scientific American Mind سپتامبر و اکتبر 2019:
NEWS on Scientific American Mind
4. Our Brain Uses a Not So Instant Replay to Make Decisions
Neural-processing centers repeat recent sequences of events to lay down new memories used for abstract thought
6. “Missing” Wallets with More Cash Are More Likely to Be Returned
A massive global study with 17,000 planted wallets found similar patterns among most of the 40 countries involved
8. Decoding the Language of Neurons
A new study reveals surprising variations in the neural code
10. Creative Types Reserve a Special Corner of the Brain for Dreaming Big
Artists, novelists, actors and directors excel at tapping into “imagination” circuits
11. Better Memory through Electrical Brain Ripples
A study in mice shows improved cognitive performance when these bursting signals move around memory circuits
FEATURES on Scientific American Mind
15. Authenticity under Fire
Researchers are calling into question authenticity as a scientifically viable concept
18. What’s So Funny? The Science of Why We Laugh
Psychologists, neuroscientists and philosophers are trying to understand humor
23. Are People with ADHD More Creative?
A look at whether people whose minds drift away easily, such as those with the disorder, are more likely to come up with original ideas
25. Does Psychology Have a Conflict-of-Interest Problem?
Some star psychologists don’t disclose in research papers the large sums they earn for talking about their work. Is that a concern?
31. Toward a New Frontier in Human Intelligence: The Person-Centered Approach
New research is shedding light on how intelligence changes and develops over time
OPINION on Scientific American Mind
35. A Solution for Loneliness Get out and volunteer, research suggests
37. Socrates’ Critique of 21st-Century Neuroscience The ancient thinker saw limits to what natural science can tell us about ourselves
40. You’ve Heard of Postpartum Depression but Probably Not Postpartum Anxiety More accurately known as perinatal anxiety, and like most people, I had no idea it existed until it struck me
44. Help, I’m Stuck in a Painting! When the real world looks like Flatland
در صورت قابل مشاهده نبودن فایل، برای دریافت مجله Scientific American Mind سپتامبر و اکتبر 2019 اینجا کلیک کنید.